Cybex VR3 Back Extension
Cybex VR3 Back Extension
Form and performance — can one exist without the other? It shouldn't. The CYBEX VR3 resistance strength line exercises the theory that form and performance belong together. VR3 is a collection of machines that combine striking appearance, excellent performance, genuine comfort and accessibility — without sacrificing the goal of functionality. If you want form and performance, the VR3 line delivers both.
The Cybex Back Extensions pelvic stabilization system utilizes adjustable foot brace which allows the user to “lock into” the hip pad, causing hip extensor engagement for optimal pelvic stabilization. The lumbar level axis of rotation promotes the use of the lower back (spinal erectors) as the prime movers. Starting positions provided every 10°. From small to tall without getting off the machine. The adjustable footbar accommodates user height variation and allows adjustment from the seated position. Lumbar extension – but not too much.
The Cybex design promotes proper and controlled movement into extension. Curved lumbar pad encourages lumbar extension/flexion while minimizing the possibility of excessive extension. Cybex unique technology adjusts the machine to the user rather than the user to the machine. Regardless of the starting position selected, the cam remains synchronized with each individual user.
RLD (Range Limiting Device) varies the leverage to maintain the correct level of force throughout the range of motion while taking into account each user’s limits and abilities. Start RLD (adjustable start only) provides start positions every 10 degrees. Total RLD (adjustable start and finish) provides start and end positions every 10 degrees. VR3 offers Start RLD and Total RLD as optional features.
- Range Limiting Device: This CYBEX patent-pending technology ensures that regardless of starting position selected, the cam is synchronized with each individual user. It matches their performance level, maintaining the integrity of force curve throughout the range of motion while taking into account their limits and abilities. Start RLD (adjustable start only) provides start positions every 10˚. Total RLD (adjustable start and finish) provides start and end positions every 10˚
- Fully Enclosed Weight Stacks: Enclosed weight stacks help shield bystanders and users from inadvertent contact with the moving weight stack, creating a safer workout environment. The fully enclosed stacks give a sleek appearance and comply with ASTM and EN standards.
- Dependent Converging and Diverging Movement: The dependent movement provides a feeling of exceptional stability and ease throughout each movement, while the aligned path of motion provides consistent loading through the complete range. The consistent torque application maximizes the training force of the muscle while minimizing joint stress. Users of all levels will embrace the progress they make.
- Gas Assist Seat: Our intuitive seat base adjustment design uses gas spring assist to allow adjustments to the seat height without requiring the user to leave the machine. Both the seat base and seat backs have position indicators to enable the user to consistently duplicate a position on the machine.
- Second Generation Twist Select Increment Weight System: Patent-pending system allows user to adjust the weight 5 pounds (2.5 kg) at a time with a simple turn of the knob—nothing to slide, drop or lose. Patent-pending system is also completely balanced for drag free operation and includes integrated oiling capabilities, resulting in reduced time and mess associated with guide rod maintenance.
- Contoured Molded Pads: Ergonomically contoured molded pads provide better support for a variety of movements, as well as a more contemporary overall look.
- Instructional Guide: High contrast three-color placards use straightforward language and pictures for easy-to-read instructions.
- Molded Rubber Feet: Rubber feet protect your floor and help keep your machines in place.
- Belt Drive: The belt drive provides a direct, smooth feel and virtually no drag while offering ease of maintenance by eliminating dedicated length cables.
- Dry Grip Technology: Non-absorbent gripping material provides extra security for your grip.
- Variable Resistance: The resistance profile of each movement has been designed into the machine, assuring that the resistance provided mirrors the body’s capability throughout the range of motion.
- Patent pending pelvic stabilization system utilizes adjustable foot brace allowing the user to “lock into” the hip pad causing
- hip extensor engagement for optimal pelvic stabilization
- Contoured lumbar pad encourages comfortable spinal extension into hyperextension while isolating the spinal erectors from hip extensors
- RLD maintains integrity of force curve while providing adjustment for appropriate starting position. Available in three configurations:
- Start RLD, Total RLD and non-RLD
- Dimensions (L × W × H): 47” × 40” × 64” (119 cm × 102 cm × 162 cm)
- Weight w/ Standard Stack: 550 lbs (250 kg)
- Standard Stack: 245 lbs (111 kg)
If you select Certified Pre-Owned you choose paint color and pad color.